"Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!" Psalm 98:4
• Festival Divine Service • Full Orchestra • Choir • Strawberry Social •
Celebrate Christ’s coronation, marking His return to the right hand of the throne of God at the Ascension Day Festival Divine Service. Powerful preaching, joyful singing by congregation and choir, festive orchestral music, and Christ Himself will be present with His gifts in Word and Sacrament.
Join us after the service for a Strawberry Social in the gym with fresh strawberries, ice cream and shortcake, hosted by our school moms. Free will offerings will be donated to the school playground fund.
Thursday’s Ascension service marks the final musical offering of the 2018-2019 "Music at St. Paul's" series of special services and musical events.
Music at St. Paul's is a vital, self-sustaining component of our congregation's music ministry. Currently in its 27th season, this annual series of special services and musical events brings to St. Paul's guest ensembles and artists who, through words and music, proclaim the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. This music series benefits the members of St. Paul's and serves as an outreach to the greater St. Louis community and beyond. In addition, Music at St. Paul's sponsors the music for some of the festival services in our congregation's regular worship life and provides enrichment for the overall music ministry of our parish.
Offerings during this season include:
- Hymn Festival Dr. John Behnke, organist, on Sunday, October 7, 4:00 p.m.
- J. S. Bach Cantata 79 "God, the Lord, Is Sun and Shield," adult choir, soloists, orchestra on Reformation Sunday, October 28, 8:00, 9:30, 10:45 a.m. Divine Services
- American Kantorei, Dr. Maurice Boyer, director, Sunday, November 11, at 3:00 p.m.
- Sacred Music for the Time of Christmas, choirs and orchestra, Saturday, December 8, 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, December 9, at 4:00 p.m
- J. S. Bach Cantata 1 "O Morningstar, How Fair and Bright," choirs of St. Paul's, soloists, and orchestra on January 6, 8:00, 9:30, 10:45 a.m. Divine Services
- Organ Concert, Dr. Tom Mueller, organist, on Sunday, January 27, 4:00 p.m.
- The Festival of the Ascension of Our Lord, choirs and orchestra, Thursday, May 30, 7:00 p.m. Divine Service
Music serves a vital role in the worship life of St. Paul's. A number of opportunities are provided for people to use their talents in proclaiming the Gospel through music. Opportunities include: Adult Choir (traditional, liturgical choral group); Men's Choir (high school through adult); School Choir; Handbell Choirs, both Adult and Women's; and instrumentalists. For more information, contact Mark Bender or Matt Gerhardt.
Along with these opportunities to participate in our sanctuary, there are opportunities to participate in our Living Stone service on Sunday mornings at 10:45am. This group consists mainly of guitar, percussion, keyboard and vocalists, along with other instruments as well. If you would be interested in joining this group, please contact Whitney Wade.