On June 19, the All Congregation Survey was shared with the congregation. An online version of the survey is available and there are also paper copies available in the east lobby. The deadline for completing the survey: July 15, 2018.
On April 26, the composition of the Senior Pastor Call Committee was approved at the Voters Meeting. The Call Committee consists of: Cory Ahlbrand, Rachel Arndt, Randy Bluhm, Jon Burford, Erin Burkis, Matthew Gornet, Heidi Heimlich, Des Kittelson (ex-officio, voting), Joan Koepke, Janet Profilet (ex-officio, non-voting), Laine Rosin, Pastor Glen Thomas (ex-officio, non-voting), Pastor Kevin Thomson (ex-officio, non-voting), Mark Yaeger (chair), David Ziegler (ex-officio, voting)
We thank in advance the members
of the Call Committee for agreeing to devote many hours to the task of being
guided by God to identify and issue a divine call to the next senior pastor of
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School.
Over the coming weeks and months, the Call Committee will be engaging in the following tasks:
All Congregation Survey:
- Conduct an all-congregation survey concerning
the next senior pastor;
- Collate, review, and communicate to the members
of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School the results of this survey.
- Surveys have been collected and results are being determined.
Senior Pastor Position
- In consultation with the Elders, review
and revise the position description for senior pastor as informed by the
results of the all-congregation survey.
- Receive nominations from St. Paul’s members of
candidates for the next senior pastor;
- Submit the nominations received to Missouri District
President, Rev. R. Lee Hagan;
- Receive back from President Hagan the list of
candidates, including any he may have added.
- Finalize a Recommendation to the Voters
- Phone/Skype Interviews - Reduce the list of
candidates to those with whom the Call Committee will conduct phone or skype
- Invite to St. Paul’s the top two or three
candidates and their families for a series of meetings;
- Recommend to the Voters Assembly the
candidate(s) it recommends to receive a divine call to serve as the next senior
pastor of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School.
The call process will include considerable time, prayer, thought, and discussion. It is realistic to expect that a call will not be issued prior to January, 2019. Please include the work of our Call Committee in your prayers, praying for wisdom and discernment, even as we will include their work in the prayers offered from the altar in the future.